08 September, 2023

Everyday Native English (03)

Everyday Native English (03)

✅I was a little insecure

我有点不自信

For example
  • I am insecure (我没有安全感)
  • You're just insecure.
  • How can a hot guy like you be so insecure (像你这样的帅哥怎么能这样没有安全感?)

✅If it weren't for me

要不是有我

For example
  • I truly believe that I would not be alive today if it weren't for this woman.
  • I think I would've given up entirely if it weren't for you and Molly.
  • If it weren't for him, we never would've found you.
  • You wouldn't have any of this if it weren't for me.

✅You did what you could

你想尽办法。。。

For example
  • I did what I could.

✅In case you forgot

你可别忘记了

For example
  • In case you forgot, we'll be in the library from 2:30 to 4:30 PM.
  • Exams are in a month, in case you forgot.
  • In case you forgot, you're still living under my roof.

✅Keep me that way

让我保持那样 (不自信的状态)

For example
  • You want to keep me that way
  • Let's keep it that way
  • Keep it that way
  • I know you did what you could to keep me that way.

✅barely said two words [a word/ten words] to me

你都没有怎么和我说话

For example
  • You know, you've barely said two words to me the entire evening.
  • You've barely said a word in 20 minutes.
  • You've barely said ten words to me all week.

✅I was gonna say ...

我本想说

For example
  • I was gonna say passion
  • I was gonna say a nice guy like you

✅Give me the drill

给我说明了情况

For example
  • Cameron gave me the drill
  • As soon as Mason is well enough, we'll give him the drill

✅Know the drill

我知道怎么做

For example
  • Ok, this is not my first time. I know the drill.
  • You know the drill (你是懂规矩的)

✅So can I just be honest with you

所以我能告诉你实话吗?

For example
  • I'll be honest with you. You be honest with me.
  • I'm just gonna be honest with him.

✅If you ask me

我的意见是。。。

For example
  • If you ask me, the kid is very lucky.
  • Spooky, if you ask me

✅You'd be much better off

(建议)你。。。会更开心

For example
  • You'd be better off just being you
  • You'd all be better off coming upstairs to my place for a beer

✅Request a transfer/transfer request

申请调岗

For example
  • I'm going to request a transfer
  • That is a transfer request
  • I'll be expecting your transfer request first thing in the morning

✅We can make that happen

我可以搞定

For example
  • I'll make that happen
  • We can make that happen
  • Yeah I can do that, I mean, I could make that happen

No comments:

Post a Comment