16 September, 2023

Everyday Native English (04)

 

Everyday Native English (04)

✅This is what I love about this city

这就是我爱这座城市的原因

For example
  • Oh my god, this is what I love about this city. You're always bumping into people.

✅What are you doing here?

你怎么在这啊?

✅What do you propose we do?

你说我们该怎么办?

For example
  • What do you propose we do here?

✅I'll reason with him

我来和他讲道理

For example
  • You could reason with him. You don't know him.
  • Give me a few days and I'll reason with him.

✅Talk sb into sth

说服某人做。。。

For example
  • He talked you into this? I talked him into this.
  • Dr. Decavoli's trying to talk him into taking some time off from work.
  • You really think you can talk him into this?

✅Talk sb out of (doing) sth

说服某人不去做。。。

For example
  • I came here to give you a chance to talk me out of leaving.

✅I'll get through to him

我会让他理解的

For example
  • I was getting through to him.
  • I don't know how to get through to him.
  • Trust me. I'll get through to him.

✅Gang up on sb

联合起来对付某人

For example
  • You remember how you felt when you thought that Eli and I were ganging up on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment