05 October, 2023

Everyday Native English (05)

  

Everyday Native English (05)

✅off the grid

Unrecorded, untraceable through normal means

For example
  • I will be off the grid soon on a road trip.

✅work out

我把。。。想好了

  • I had a whole story worked out /我把编的故事都想好了
  • I have my whole presentation worked out/我的演讲都准备好了
  • Don't worry. We got the whole thing worked out/别担心,我们已经准备好了

✅sell sb out

出卖某人

  • He sold me out/他出卖了我
  • You gave me your work. You sold me out./你向我保证过。你出卖了我

✅buy sth

相信。。。

  • I didn't think the doctor was gonna buy that
  • No one is gonna buy that
  • I wouldn't buy his story.

✅make sth up

你编的吧?

  • Oh, I made up some lame excuse
  • You made it up, right?

✅It's totally lame

完全没有说服力

  • It is totally a lame excuse. Noboday is buying it./太没有说服力了。没有人会信的
  • Cause honestly, it is totally lame.

✅I take your word for it

我相信你说的

  • But he's really smart. We'll take your word for it./我们信你说的 

✅see for yourself

你自己看

  • See for yourself/你自己看
  • Wallac is clean, see for yourself.

✅get it cleared up

解决这件事

  • Do not contact Eyal Lavin. Not until we get this cleared up.

No comments:

Post a Comment