24 May, 2006

Using file to set injection for FLUENT DPM














The above is a simple case using this feature. it is a tundish with TI (turbulence inhibitor).

This feature is useful especially when you want to add different particles with different diameters or a distribution of diameter. You can also set different velocities for each particle or injection position. however, what's the format of this kind of file? Below is a simple example for it.
first of all, we should build a '*.inj'.
then, we can build this file with format as below:

((x y z u v w diameter temperature mass-flow) name)
((1.44 0.315 0.218 0.0 0.0 -0.95 0.00002 293.0 0.0) injection-0:0)

you can set more particles just as the second line.
if you have problem, please feel free to leave me a comment or just send a mail to me.

#note on 27-May-2016: I am now working on different projects mainly using CFD-DEM in-house code, not fluent anymore for a very long time.

For more information: you may refer to this publication

Hou, Q.F., Yue, Q., Wang, H.Y.,  Zou, Z.S. and Yu, A.B., 2008. Modelling of inclusion motion and flow patterns in swirling flow tundishes with symmetrical and asymmetrical structures. ISIJ International, 48, 787-792.

9 comments:

  1. are you here richard,then rejoin me in cfd online
    chankhar

    ReplyDelete
  2. help me richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. help me richard , if you have an example of simulation of tundish in tutorial guide of fluent ,send me this by mail, i want just confirm my work
    chankhar

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear richard , iam israelien student , i prepare my doctorat with simulating water in tundish (rtd)by fluent , i have found your site in cfd-online ,can you help me sir by sending me an example for for how for to do this simulation , my mail is :isaacgorion@yahoo.fr
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Related paper:
    Hou, Q.F., Yue, Q., Wang, H.Y., Zou, Z.S. & Yu, A.B. (2008). Modelling of inclusion motion and flow patterns in swirling flow tundishes with symmetrical and asymmetrical structures. ISIJ International, 48, 787-792.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that probably it is too late but it is possible to have an example of the injection file?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could edit any text file according to the given format. Cheers

      Delete
  7. Hi.
    I've a problem with DPM model using injection from file. When I use more parcel with same mass flux (so less mass for parcel) or use smaller injection time step, Fluent delete some particle parcel at every time step with following message:

    Deleted x particles in injection "name" with total mass y kg

    Why? And there is the possible to set any parameter from TUI to resolve this problem?

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, can wee add to the file, a diameter distribution (eg. Log normal) ?

    Thanks for your answer

    ReplyDelete