09 November, 2022

Greetings/invitations in Native English

 

Greetings/invitations in Native English

  • How are you doing?/how is it going?

你怎么样?

  •  How's your work?

工作如何?

  •  What's up?

Examples (例子)

> What's up?

> Nothing new. /Same as before./Not bad.

  • You look great/fantastic!
  • You are in pretty good shape!

> How's it going?

> Nothing new/Not bad.

>  How are you doing?

> I am doing great.

> Look at you, you look fantastic!

>  Thanks. You're in pretty good shape too.

  • Do you have plans tonight?
  • We have to have dinner. What are you doing tomorrow night?
  • Will you come over for dinner? 
  • 你愿意过来吃饭吗?
  • Yeah, I'd love to. Sounds great!
  • Sorry, I don't think I can make it.
  • Can I take a rain check? (下次好吗?)

> Do you have plans tonight?

> Nothing special.

>  Great, will you come over for dinner?

> Sounds great!

> See you then


> what are you doing this afternoon? Come over for a cup of coffee.

> Sorry. Can I take a rain check? I have an appointment with the doctor.

> Sure. Let's do it another time then.

No comments:

Post a Comment