05 January, 2023

Everyday Native English (01)

  Everyday Native English (01)

  • You got a minute?/You got a minute to talk about ...?

你有空吗?/你有空谈谈。。。吗?

Examples (例子)

> You got a minute? I really need to talk to you.


  •  Hang on (a sec)

稍等一下

Examples (例子)

>Yeah, just a sec?

> keeping busy (not a lot. just chill out. 没啥事,放松休息)

> I need to get some coffee. Catch you later. (结束对话)

  •  I just wanted to see if you were both okay.

来看看你俩是否安好

Examples (例子)

> Just take a bite and see if it's tasty.

 

> You got a minute?

> Hang on a sec

> what's up?

> I'm thinking of ordering pizza. I want to see if you'd like one

> Sounds good. I am hungry

    •  What's gotten into you?

    你怎么回事啊?

    • Push sb around

    欺负,摆布某人

    Examples (例子)

    > I don't have to let you push me around any more.

     > I neve pushed you around 

    > It's not violent, it's self-defense. You can't let this kid keep pushing you around. 

    • Don't take it personally

    别往心里去

    Examples (例子

    > Was it just me, or was that a little abrupt?

    > Don't take it personally. I think she's got other things on her mind

    > He was being a jerk to everyone.  Don't take it personally.

    • Put yourself in sb's shoes

    设身处地,换位思考

    Examples (例子)

    > If you put yourself in my shoes, you'll understand why I'm so angry.

     

    > what's gotten into you?

    > I got told off by the boss again.

    > I won't let him push me around 

    > Well, don't take it personally.

    >  I am sure he was just having a bad day. Have you tried putting yourself in his shoes? You'll feel so much better. It's worth a shot.

    • How is ... coming along?

    。。。进展如何了

    Examples (例子)

    > How is your work coming along?

    > I am coming along very well 

    > Things are really coming along. 

    • There is still room for improvement.

    还有进步的空间

    • Keep it up

    继续保持

    Examples (例子)

    > There you go. This is good

    >Okay, come on, guys. You've got to keep it up.

    > Listen, keep up the good work, OK?


    > how is your project coming along?
    > I am still working on it. There is still room for improvement. What about you?
    > Well, I started learning French weeks ago, I think it's coming along pretty well.
    > Keep it up!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment