03 June, 2006

How to describe two similar rotational movements?

During my research work, I have proceeded physical modeling experiments according to the real one in plant. They have different density, flowrate, viscosity, and the length scale based on similarity pinciple.
I got a similarity criteria for this rotational phenomena, Rt=L(3)Q(-1)omeg, where omeg are measured rotational speed in experiments. I want to transfer experimental result to a in-situ one.
who can tell me a better method?
Furthermore, I want to compare this kind of rotational effect in different designs for optimization. Maybe the angular momentum is suitable. Who can give me a suggestion or comment on this problem?
Thank you very much!

btw, rotational movement is confined in the swirling chamber of a tundish which can be seen in other post.

1 comment:

  1. your friend chankhar
    hello sir
    i have split small cylindre with rectangle but i don't understand how to put the value of interval size or how to mesh my geometry,because i have two differents volumes: one small ,and the rectangle is big.
    best regards
    send me please the reponse in cfd online or in my mail

    ReplyDelete